Re Super 8mm K40 only £ 6.75 (US$ 11.3/AU$ 17) at Elizabeth Pharmacy (Melb, Aus), prepaid!
winbert
2003-08-03 13:01:47 UTC
I just realized that google gives limitation to the subject that can
be directly replied, and since the following subject had been posted
long time ago, while I just found the phone number right now,
therefore I made in a new thread.

This is the address and phone number of the Elizabeth Pharmacy who's
selling the K-40 for AU$ 17/roll (US$ 11.3/£ 6.75)includes processing:

Cnr. Elizabeth & Lt. Collins St, Melbourne 3000, Ph: +61-3-9670 3815

Note: They are also selling B/W (Tri-X and Plus X) and Ektachrome, but
their prices do not include processing. Please ring them for the
price, since I don't use this type of films.

Alternatively you can contact also Vanbar Photographic Supplies,
however their price a little bit expensive (10 cents - $1, depends on
how many rolls do you buy) and + 10% VAT.

Vanbar at NSW: 1 Gordon St, Camperdown, +61-2-9550 5833
Vanbar at Vic: 159 Cardigan St, carlton, +61-3-9347 7788

wibert previously wrote:

Since the old message (below) was under different subject than I made
a new subject.

I have to report what I got in Melbourne last week. The shop that I
used to deal in 1995 is stil operating and the name is Elizabeth
Pharmachy. Phone number I will add it if I found it. But the most
suprising is they still sell the Kodachrome K40 for AU$ 17 (equal to £
6.75 or US$ 11.3). No matter how many roll you buy, 1 roll is AU$ 17
and 100 rolls are AU$ 1700 (price does include process). This is
probably the cheapest in the world.

Thanks
Winbert

Note: For Sydney area try Vanbar at 1 Gordon St, Camperdown, they sell
for AU$ 19 for 1-9 roll(s) and AU$ 18.8 for 10 rolls above. Visit
their website at www.vanbar.com.au

------------
Back to 1995-97 I used to buy super 8mm films at one of pharmacy in
Melbourne, right in the city. If I'm not mistaken it was situated in
Elizabeth Street (or perhaps it is Elizabeth Pharmacy...I don't
know?). What I'm quite sure that the pharmacy was just in front of the
tram track, where the tram was terminated.
If anybody know that this pharmacy is still selling super 8mm? the
reason is because it sold K40 very cheap at that momment. And how much
is the K40's price in that pharmacy now?

Thanks
Winbert
john
2003-08-06 13:24:22 UTC
winbert, why are you giving away our little secret?
Being in Australia usually means we cop it sweet more often than not
(Interpretation for our US and UK allies...in 99.9% of cases we ALWAYS pay
more, whether its a lens, a camera, a splicer, an accessory, a pair of
Levi's, a car, anything gadgety for that matter, etc) so this "little"
victory, that is, cheaper super8 film really doesn't need you to draw
attention to it.
I sure as hell don't want to see this retailer "targeted" by whomever which
results in him having to raise his prices, do you?

john
Winbert
winbert
2003-08-08 07:11:17 UTC
No, John, I'm thingking on the opposite. Super 8mmm's market is very
small compare to other films. The Elizabeth Pharmacy seems that
wouldn't raise the price because, firstly and the most importantly,
there is a competitor, i.e Vanbar, either in Melbourne or Sydney and
secondly, due to the small market, K40 is not going to be the most
wanted film. Infact to me, the more people come to buy the K40 in this
pharmachy, the more possibility it will keep the stock with that
price, won't it? (Remember it main bussiness is selling the drugs not
films)

HOPEFULY!!!

Cheers,
winbert